Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Catch Up Post

I know that I've been terrible about updating the blog, so I'm going to try to do it in one big catch up post.

Last summer, I made these two sets of cookies for the auctions for Moore, OK after the tornados.

 

Next was some birthday cookies:


And graduation cookies:


Cookies for a lemonade stand to benefit Hope for Haiti:


I used the same technique I used on the Giving Tree cookies for these cookies I made to thank the staff at my son's school:


Cookies for an Alice in Wonderland themed party:


 
I had a lot of fun making this sushi-themed thank you platter.  I got these shapes using a toast, cupcake, and bird cookie cutter.


 
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for a birthday party:
 

The only Halloween cookies I got around to this year:



Cookies for a science-themed birthday party;


Cookies for Chinese-themed Christmas party. The lantern design is based on Sugarbelle's tutorial (here). I piped the cherry blossoms directly on the cookie and I was really pleased with how they turned out.




And last but not least, here are some minis I made for my son's teachers for Christmas.  I finally broke out my airbrush and some stencils I hadn't tried yet.
 
 
Sorry for such a long gap in posts.  I'll try to keep up on it this year!

10 comments:

Matt said...

A pretty year for cookies!

Kathleen said...

Your work is beautiful. The detailed cookies look like fabric.
K

Legally Blonde said...

Do you ship?

Debbie said...

Sorry, Legally Blonde, but I don't ship.

Nicole (Bellenza Party Suite) said...

Your cookie creations are awesome! You have an amazing talent. I really like the sushi-themed cookies! So cute and fun :)

Cookie Friend (Diane) said...

Beautiful designs. If you can find the time, I would love to see a tutorial on how you created the "giving tree" style cookies. From the photos it looks like wet-on wet, followed by the details, but I'm not sure.

Debbie said...

Yes, Diane, I flooded all the colors next to each other at the same time. Then the next day, I outlined the designs using a food marker.

Cookie Friend (Diane) said...

thanks for the quick response. Great technique.

Dana said...

Hi Debbie! Your cookies are beautiful! I especially like the floral patterns! You cookies have such clean cut edges! Do you mind sharing your cookie recipe?
Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Heavenly💞creations