Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Black and White Cookies

The fabulous Georganne of Lilaloa has created a challenge to make cookies using only black and white (and any shade inbetween).  I've always wanted to participate in a cookie challenge but I've never really been able to (either I was too busy or I couldn't think of a good enough idea).  Plus it's so hard to set aside time to make cookies just for fun.  However, I recently came to the decision to no longer pursue orders, but to instead get back to having fun designing and creating cookies.  So when I saw this challenge I knew I had to set aside time to come up with an idea.  I ended up finding my inspiration in scrapbook paper.

 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

Cookie Friend (Diane) said...

Beautiful designs. Did you do these free hand or did you have stencils?
It is interesting to see how many people have decided that 2013 is the year to get back to the fun of decorating cookies by eliminating the pressure of orders and deadlines. I hope this will be a good move for you. Happy decorating.

Jackie@The Cookie Corner AZ said...

BEAUTIFUL! All of them! Not selling cookies anymore?????

Sarah said...

hi! I linked to your site through your link up on lilaloa's page. Awesome cookies! your designs look so perfect-how did you do them? freehand? trace/stencil? copycake?
I'd love to know!

Liz @ Arty McGoo said...

They are breathtaking. I love it when there isn't any color in cookies, the texture is the total focus, just like in a black and white photo. Beautiful, classic, and completely swoon worthy cookies!

Debbie said...

Thanks everyone! I piped all of these designs with the help of a kopykake.

Georganne(LilaLoa) said...

I know I told you before, but these cookies are SOOOOOO pretty!!! I love the mix of patterns. I'm so glad you made them and linked up!!

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful!

Kara @ Petals to Picots Crochet said...

These are gorgeous!