Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

More OMAO Cookies and A New Cookie Cutter

A few weeks ago, I fell in love with a sort of plaque cookie shape that I found on Pinterest and have been searching all over the internet trying to find the cookie cutter.  I emailed the person who made the cookie to find out where the got it, or if the cookie was hand-cut, but the person never responded.  Since I couldn't find it anywhere, I thought I'd try that make-your-own-cookie-cutter kit again.  I found a bunch of objects around the house to use to shape it, but (shocker!) it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.  So after a few minutes, my wonderful husband took over (without even being asked!) and made me a cutter.  It was a really tough one to do and the metal snapped in half on him a couple of times, but he just kept going and connected the pieces of metal with double sided tape.  It didn't look perfect, but I was pretty sure that once the cookies were baked and iced it would definitely work.

A couple of weeks ago I had another order for OMAO mayo jar cookies, so I thought I'd try the cutter out using leftover dough.  I decided to make a thank you cookie for the lady who ordered the cookies.  I thought the shape turned out pretty well in the end!




3 comments:

Kenni said...

I saw the picture and was totally planning on asking where you got the cutter from! I may have to finally cave in and try to make my own cutter too. Where did you get the kit from?

Debbie said...

Kenni, I got it on Amazon, but I've seen it at a lot of cookie retailers, including Off the Beaten Path.

Matt Weidler said...

So much more clever than a thank you card! Great branding!