Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Mayo, I mean, OMAO Cookies

One of the ladies at my husband's work ordered some rather unusual cookies last week.  They've been working on a project with the abbreviations OMAO, and because it sounds like "oh, mayo", she ordered mayonnaise jar cookies to share with everyone at the last meeting. 


I searched through all of my cookie cutters because I've never seen a jar cookie cutter and I knew I'd have to get a bit creative.  So I invoked my inner Sugarbelle* and this was the best I could do.  I ended up using a large candy corn cookie cutter, cut off the top, then used the top of a cauldron cookie cutter to get the lip of the jar and squished them together.  I kept the decorating pretty simple because it was a bit of a last minute order on a week where we already had weekend plans. 

Oh, and after these cookies and the eMBA cookies I made back in June, I've officially decided to add an additional charge for lettering.  I hate to nickel and dime people, but it takes a lot of time to pipe the lettering on, especially if it's a specific font, or for a logo.

*For the non-cookiers who may be reading this, Sugarbelle is an extremely talented cookie decorator who gets very creative with her use of cookie cutters and often uses several cookie cutters to get a custom shape.

0 comments: