Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Valentine's Day Cookies

Right after I finished the legos cookies order, I was sad when I realized that I didn't have any more orders coming up.  Luckily, my husband reminded me that I now have time to make cookies for fun.  I can try new recipes and I can try new designs.  So I've hit both of those ideas in one cookie batch.  I tried out a recipe for lemon poppy seed cookies and decorated them for Valentine's Day.  I really liked the cookies (my husband isn't big on lemon, so he wasn't a huge fan).  And while I usually find the royal icing a bit to sweet for my taste, I thought it tasted great with the tart lemon flavor.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

They are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the lacy design! They are so pretty. And your red is great!

Sonja said...

Oh, they're so pretty! The lacy design especially.

Kenni said...

These are beautiful! They kind of look like henna tattoos.